We’re proud to have achieved the Investors in the Environment Green level Award for the 6th consecutive year (having been first awarded Green in 2013).
The Investors in the Environment (iiE) accreditation consists of organisations working toward high-level criteria and targets, followed by an official auditing process.
By qualifying for the accreditation, LEDA has demonstrated commitment to minimising our environmental impact and helping to set the standard for the environment.
Key highlights recognised by the award are:
• Reduction in carbon emissions of 19% since the previous year, with 1.36 tonnes of carbon emissions saved
• Excellent reductions across 4 out of the 5 main resources measured
• Website clearly communicates how LEDA support people and our planet through design projects
• Conscious avoidance of fossil fuels by using locally sourced, renewable wood pellets to reduce reliance on gas for central heating in winter
• #EngineerbyBike awareness campaign by directors to highlight sustainable transport which sets a tone to create a culture of active travel in the business, alongside incentives for sustainable office travel
• Good graphical assessment of progress for all resources, to give a clear idea of progress
• Office kitchen composting