Office Administrator – Part time (flexible hours)
Come and be part of a small building design company run democratically as a workers co-operative. LEDA are passionate about creating the very best for clients with an environmental sustainable ethos underlying everything we do.
LEDA requires a capable, organised person for their busy building design practice. You will be dealing with the day to day office management, and generally helping the business to run smoothly.
The role will include:
- Passing invoices received to accountant for processing, record and payment
- Carry out Personnel administration for the practice including record keeping;
- General office administration including having responsibilities for supplies, post, e-mails, etc.
- Proof reading reports
- Ensure website content is up to date
- Administrative assistance in marketing
- Assisting with writing bids for new projects
- Assist with improvements of admin systems, databases
As a key member of the team it is essential that you are:
- Methodical, proactive and self-reliant and able to work alongside other staff to identify administration requirements
- Able to respond to new situations, using initiative to prioritise and manage your time effectively
LEDA is an equal opportunities employer.
- Hours: – 15 hours per week (Flexible times over 3 to 5 days office based)
- Salary: £22-24k per annum pro rata
- Annual Leave: 30 days pro rata + public holidays pro rata
- Location: Micklethwaite House, 70 Cross Green Lane, Leeds LS9 0DG
- To Start: ASAP
Detailed Duties include:
To manage all internal LEDA office administrative processes and systems including:
- Human Resources: maintain accurate personnel records, including Cycle-to-Work scheme, childcare voucher scheme, pensions, holiday and sickness records, staff inductions and staff review process
- Responsibility for LEDA’s Investors in the Environment accreditation, including monitoring monthly energy consumption, liaising with auditing body
- Maintaining and updating LEDA policies and procedures.
- Maintaining supplier contracts e.g., phones, waste collection, utilities, etc.
- Maintaining and renewing office insurance policies
- Maintaining office supplies including stationery, and other office consumables
- Assisting with editing and proofing documents such as reports and bids
- Assisting with Marketing and Business Development as required
- Maintaining Office Filing Systems –including archiving, Project Filing, HR/Personnel filing
- Planning monthly Team Meetings and Minutes Review Meetings; preparing Agendas and producing minutes.
- General phone, email, mail and reception duties
- Undertaking periodic reviews of LEDA’s administrative system, databases and making improvements.
- Assisting in general office maintenance, equipment and repairs
- Assistance in making grant applications and applying for accreditations
- Taking an active part in running the co-operative
How to apply
Please send to email@example.com your CV outlining experience and achievements and a covering letter telling us why you are interested and what you think that you can bring to the role.
There is no deadline, but we will arrange interviews for those who are suitable, and when filled the vacancy will close. For questions about the role ahead of application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office to discuss.
Any communications will be treated with the strictest confidence.