Exciting Opportunity for your Career in Sustainable Building Design
To help us meet the increasing demand for sustainable design, LEDA are seeking a Passive House Consultant or Designer to join our team. We are a multi-disciplinary workers’ co-operative of Building Services Engineers and Architects, delivering integrated design solutions in tandem with specialist advice, feasibility strategies and low carbon consultancy.
We value our team, and recently won a People Development award at the Constructing Excellence Yorkshire & Humberside Awards (CEYH2021). They said ‘LEDA’s active commitment in promoting the wellbeing of their employees shone through. They have developed a culture of inclusiveness, mutual support, skills development and democratic decision making. It’s clear LEDA is an incredible place to work.’
The LEDA team consists of experienced Chartered Engineers and RIBA Architects who will provide training and mentoring, enabling you to progress with your career.
Our team of designers have the vision of being the first choice for sustainable building design in the North, and we are dedicated to working collaboratively to create great buildings that respect the environment and are a joy to use. Our ethos of environmental sustainability underlies every project we undertake.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certified Passivhaus Designer / Consultant (CEPHD/CEPHC) or willingness to train within the first year
- Good understanding of building services and renewable technologies
- Knowledge of retrofit and/or new build with sustainable design focus
- Professional qualification related to the built environment
- Self-motivation and developing existing skills is a must. You will need a keen interest in energy, buildings, and creating the right working and living environments for people, as well as an interest in the nuts and bolts of how this is achieved from concept to completion
- Capable of using an architectural software program such as CAD, REVIT, SketchUp, etc
- You will need to be resourceful, conscientious, innovative, and able to work independently.
- Confident communication with all levels of professionals and trades people is important, so good interpersonal and presentation skills are essential.
- You will also be keen to contribute to LEDA’s people-centred work environment and collaborative approach to providing the best for our clients
- Experience of PHPP modelling
- Experience with dynamic simulation modelling such as Design Builder or IES
- MVHR design
- CAD and Sketchup
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 depending on experience. Plus 6% Employer Pension Contribution, plus 30 days’ holiday. Part time is an option. Our pay system is open and transparent, after 6 months you can become a member of the co-operative and share in any surplus proﬁts. LEDA are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualiﬁed persons. All employees are offered ﬂexible and/or part time hours if desired.
How to apply: Please email a CV with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position. We would love to hear from you if you are considering the role, and welcome a phone call if you would like to talk about the position. We are looking for the right people, this opportunity will close when it is ﬁlled. Start as soon as available.