Exciting Opportunity for a Sustainable Architect with Vision
LEDA are looking for a talented and motivated Architect, in a full or part time position, with a mix of studio and home-based working. We are a multi-disciplinary workers’ co-operative of Building Services Engineers and Architects, delivering integrated building design solutions in tandem with specialist advice, feasibility strategies and low carbon consultancy.
You will be working with a small, close-knit team to take on current workload, develop future architectural work and have an active role in helping to shape the co-operative as it develops further.
Our team of designers have the vision of being the first choice for sustainable building design in the North, and we are dedicated to working collaboratively to create great buildings that respect the environment and are a joy to use. Our ethos of environmental sustainability underlies every project we undertake.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- An Architect with 2-5 years’ experience post ARB registration who can run projects from start to finish and contribute actively to the development of the co-operative.
- Desire to develop the architectural offering at LEDA and shape future direction.
- A keen interest in sustainable design, particularly passive house, retro fit and design for net zero.
- Experience in residential, social housing, community and arts buildings preferred.
- Knowledge of PHPP and/or the Passive House designer qualification is desirable, or a willingness to train to achieve this.
- Experience in Archicad (preferred) or Revit CAD systems.
- Preferred experience in Retrofit design and knowledge of PAS2035.
- Interest in developing further knowledge of the above, within the context of an open co-operative work environment where both teamwork and self-initiative are encouraged
- Keen to develop new expertise in sustainable building design, working alongside building services engineers and PHPP consultants.
- An interest in learning new software and developing existing skills is a must. You will need a keen interest in energy, buildings, and creating the right working and living environments for people, as well as an interest in the nuts and bolts of how this is achieved from concept to completion.
- You will need to be resourceful, conscientious, innovative, and able to work independently. Confident communication with all levels of professionals and trades people is important, so good interpersonal and presentation skills are essential.
- You will also be keen to contribute to LEDA’s people-centred work environment and collaborative approach to providing the best for our clients.
We value our team, and recently won a People Development award at the Constructing Excellence Yorkshire & Humberside Awards (CEYH2021). They said ‘LEDA’s active commitment in promoting the wellbeing of their employees shone through. They have developed a culture of inclusiveness, mutual support, skills development and democratic decision making. It’s clear LEDA is an incredible place to work.’
The LEDA team consists of experienced Chartered Engineers and RIBA Architects who will provide training and mentoring, enabling you to progress with your career.
Salary: £30,000 – 36,000 depending on experience, plus 6% Employer Pension Contribution, plus 30 days’ holiday. Our pay system is open and transparent, after 6 months you can become a member of the co-operative and share in any surplus profits. LEDA are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. All employees are offered flexible and/or part time hours if desired.
How to apply: Please email email@example.com with the following:
- A letter stating what you can offer and why you would be a good fit to join our team, with details of your experience working in eco and low energy design including Passivhaus work
- PDF portfolio with examples of your work including design and technical details (max 5MB)
- Your CV
We would love to hear from you if you are considering the role and would welcome a phone call if you would like to talk about the position. We are looking for the right people, this opportunity will close when it is ﬁlled. Start as soon as available.
For more information about us please visit ledaarchitects.coop